At Carden Academy, we actively encourage parents to be involved in the lives of their students at school. There are many ways parents can participate, whether it is daily, weekly, monthly, or only for specific events. Even the smallest amount of time makes a significant difference to our school and our students. Students are thrilled when their families become involved in their daily experience. Please contact Friends of Carden at email@example.com or the school office to volunteer for any of the following programs:
- Hot Lunch Distribution: Help log and distribute hot lunch selections to the students who have pre-purchased online. This event occurs daily. You can sign up for specific days or a regularly weekly schedule. In exchange for your time, you receive credits towards hot lunch purchases for your student.
- Library/ Book Fairs: Maintain the library, help with book fair set-up at the start of the week, tear-down at the end of the week, as well as help ring up sales on selected extended-hour days in the early evening.
- Choir: Help with choreography, assist with logistics and sew choir outfits
- Fall Festival: Help run the game booths, supervise the inflatables area, oversee the ticket redemption table, and assist in general set-up and tear-down. This school-wide fun event is sponsored by Friends of Carden and takes place after school.
- Elementary Thanksgiving Feast: Help with set up, clean up and distributing food
- Holiday Decorating: Help plan and purchase decorations. Set up, clean up and store decorations
- Holiday Program: Help with basic set construction, costumes, programs, generate promotional materials and ticket sales.
- School Play: Help with logistics, bios, concessions, set and props, stargrams, lights and sound, and designing the program and t-shirts.
- Art Show: Help with framing and set-up of student artworks, help with set-up/clean-up.
- Fundraisers & Silent Auctions: Help with food prep, auction prizes, marketing materials, and set-up/clean-up.
Room parents help coordinate parties, field trips and other events for the class. The teachers really appreciate the help! Please contact your child’s teacher directly or Friends of Carden at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
Easy Fundraising Programs
Fundraising plays a critical role in helping the school provide a robust environment that ensures an optimal learning experience for your student. There are ongoing programs that are almost effortless and do not require any monetary donations. Click on the icons to participate:
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Carden every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to our school! Our organization name is “Friends of Carden”.
Register your Safeway card, bank debit cards, and/or credit cards, and participating merchants will make monetary contributions to the school based on purchases made by you. Shop online through the eScrip online mall to have even more merchants contribute. Group Name: Carden Academy of Almaden
Clip Box Top coupons from hundreds of participating products and submit them to the school. Box Tops will donate 10 cents to the school for every coupon. Shop online through the Box Tops online marketplace to earn additional electronic coupons. School Name: Carden Academy of Almaden.
Enter codes from 14 brands of Coca-Cola beverages to earn points, then donate your points to the school. The codes that are under bottle caps, inside 12-pack and 24-pack boxes, and inside multi-pack wraps can be redeemed by the school for free arts, athletics, and academic merchandise. School Name: Carden Academy of Almaden